"MUCO-ADHESIVE POLYMERIC NANOPARTICLES AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO IMPROVE TACROLIMUS EYE BIOAVAILABILITY AFTER TOPICAL ADMINISTRATION"
"EVALUATION OF THE RELEASE PROFILE AND ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ACTIVITY OF INTRAVITEROUS IMPLANT CONTAINING SIROLIMUS IN EXPERIMENTAL AUTOIMMUNE UVEITIS MODEL"
Dr. Diêgo dos Santos Ferreira, member of the Brazilian Local Chapter and adjunct professor of the Pharmaceutical Products Department at the Faculty of Pharmacy of the Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG) is the winner of the "Nanomedicine and Nanoescale delivery Focus group Young Investigator" award, with the work "Liposome-encapsulated tricyclic antidepressant as a potential treatment for liver fibrosis".
"I was extremely happy when I received the news from the Brazilian chapter of the first place award as a young scientist. I have worked a lot in the last years, initially as an undergraduate student, then for the Master's degree, and now as a PhD candidate, always seeking to carry out high quality research and become a good researcher. Therefore, receiving this award and being able to participate in the CRS Meeting has been very valuable to me.
In the last few weeks I have attended virtual meetings with the Young Scientific Committee of CRS, receiving instructions for my presentation and meeting the other award winners from all over the world. I also had several meetings with my advisor Prof. Eliana Lima during those days of preparation. As my summary was selected for oral presentation during the CRS Meeting, we worked hard to prepare an excellent talk.
I am excited to participate in the event, to listen to renowned researchers in our field. I feel grateful to be able to learn from those who are my references and share our results with the world. This is possible thanks to the support of Prof Eliana Lima, who always encourages me. And of course, from my lab colleagues and collaborators who are by my side, working hard.
Receiving the award as a top Young scientist in Brazil, representing my colleagues spread across our country, is a very big and important responsibility. I am grateful to the Brazilian Chapter for this opportunity and hope to be able to return the trust placed in me."
"Being awarded with the grant was a very pleasant new as I can participate in the Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting. There, I have the opportunity to watch lectures of the most renowned scientists in the drug delivery field, to present the results of my thesis and to talk to researchers from all over the world. I would like to thank the Controlled Release Society Brazilian Local Chapter and Gattefossé for this opportunity! "
"It is a pleasure to have been chosen by the CRS Brazilian Local Chapter to receive a grant to attend the 2020 CRS Virtual Annual Meeting which is the most important congress of drug delivery systems. Furthermore, I am flattered that my work was recognized and chosen among so many equally good works from young researchers in our area"
Promote your research in the Brazilian Local Chapter of the Controlled Release Society
The CRS Brazilian Local Chapter is receiving videos for the dissemination of Brazilian research in the area of controlled release. The objectives of this initiative are the dissemination of Brazilian research in nanotechnology and controlled release systems and networking among researchers from all over the country.
Requisites for videos submission and selection:
1) Undergraduate students, students regularly enrolled in Brazilian postgraduate programs, postdocs, and young scientists (with up to 10 years of doctoral defense) will be able to participate.
2) Videos should show the work developed in the science of controlled release of actives in the field of pharmacy, medicine, biotechnology, veterinary, toxicology, chemistry, physics, agronomy, food, engineering, environment, and other related areas.
3) Videos should be up to 3-min long and can be recorded in either Portuguese or English.
4) Record the video with a professional camera or cell phone positioned horizontally and use Google Drive or another virtual disk service to send the video if necessary.
5) About the video content: the topic must be adequately explained to a public and diverse audience and explained in a coherent, simple way that demonstrates connection, relevance or impact on daily life and society;
6) About the video clarity: one of the purposes is that the general public may also be able to understand and transmit the acquired knowledge to other people;
- The video should be sent to email@example.com along with the following information:
1) Full name
2) Affiliation (name of institution, department and laboratory/research group)
3) Advisor's name
4) Research title (It must be short and informative. It will be used to name your video on the Brazilian Chapter's social media).
5) A picture of the work's first author
Important note: When making the video available to the CRS Brazilian Local Chapter, the participant will automatically be agreeing to the use of images and the dissemination of audiovisual material on the website, YouTube channel, and other social networks of the CRS Brazilian Local Chapter.